Terrell Hills, TX
Terrell Hills is an city in Bexar County, Texas, United States, located five miles northeast of DowntownSan Antonio. It is part of a group of three cities Terrell Hills, Alamo Heights, and Olmos Park located between Uptown San Antonio, Midtown San Antonio, Downtown San Antonio, and Fort Sam Houston (a U.S. Army post). Terrell Hills is bordered on the west by Alamo Heights, on the east by Fort Sam Houston, on the north by Uptown San Antonio, and on the south by San Antonio's Near East Side. It is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. The community is named for Dr. Frederick Terrell, a local bank president who had served as mayor of San Antonio in 1901. Development of the community began in 1919, when Dr. Terrell sold 22.5 acres (91,000 m2) of property to a private association called the "Terrell Hills Community". This organization managed the community until 1939, when it incorporated as a municipality. In 1945, the City of San Antonio attempted to annex the new municipality without permitting an election in either Terrell Hills or San Antonio, but Terrell Hills successfully sued to block the annexation. Twelve years later, in 1957, the community adopted a home rule charter. The geographic center of Terrell Hills is located at 2928'48" North, 9826'47" West (29.479981, -98.446465). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.7 square miles (4.4km2), none of which is covered with water.